Thursday, May 29, 2008

Winner of This Week's Stupid Points


Well, I've found a ringer for this week's Stupid Points prize. This group is planning a "Carbon Belch" day in which they will use as much carbon as possible. On June 12th, the people who've pledged, will make a point to rebel against us annoying environmentalists. From their website: "Grassfire.org wants people to waste as much energy as possible on June 12 by "hosting a barbecue, going for a drive, watching television, leaving a few lights on, or even smoking a few cigars."

Just when I thought people couldn't be any dumber, they surprise me.

Regardless of what people think of global warming, I don't understand this mindset. The whole "You're trying to trick me and force me to give up my God-given right to use oil and ruin the planet" mindset. Even if you DON'T believe in global warming (which is hard to believe with all the facts and data out there supporting it), what is the harm in using clean energy? Why are solar and wind power seen as less than? Why would recycling be a bad thing?

I believe it's because some people are lazy and don't want to change. Why recycle when you can throw stuff out? Why try to make things better when you have all you need? Forget the people in the rest of the world who are feeling the effects of our greediness. Never mind the animals losing their habit or becoming extinct. Forget about the people laboring in sweatshops to give us name brand clothes. It's all about ME. ME. ME.

Only, it's not.

No comments: